Facebook boasts of over two billion active users, and businesses are ready to leverage the platform including other social media networks to further their agenda. Social media marketing is presently the in-thing for brands, but since social media trends begin to change as soon as they have been established, many businesses are grappling with social media marketing. However, there are various ways that brands can stay afloat despite the dynamicity of social networks. Syed Balkhi (an entrepreneur, a growth hacker, and marketer) shared seven social media campaigns that businesses can adapt to stay visible to social media users.
· Use of humor – Balkhi suggests that laughter is a powerful tool that can entice users to find more about a brand. He uses last year’s Deadpool movie to illustrate his point. The film went on to be one of the highest grossing R-rated movies because the marketing team adopted humor in billboards, video clips, and posters meant to promote the movie. In fact, one of the billboards went viral on social media.
· Use of behind the scene clips – social media users are fascinated by how characters in their favorite ads or movies behave in real life. There is no better way to quench their curiosity than availing behind the scenes videos.
· Capitalizing current trends such as the 2014’s ice bucket challenge
· Use of renowned personnel – social media users trust messages passed across by people that they already know such as celebrities.
· Make the business’ stand known – some people may argue that this might be detrimental to business, but Balkhi is convinced that businesses stand to gain trust and recognition by demonstrating to the world that they care about an important cause.
· Use of ChatBots – social media users often send messages to inquire about a product/service. A ChatBot will ensure that responses are generated 24/7.
· Giveaway contests